Hello Level Walkers,
As the Association’s annual meeting approaches, I look forward to seeing some of you there. If you need a level walker hat or have any questions, it will be a good time to catch up with me. If you have any questions about the annual meeting, please contact me.
If you are out there on the towpath, please keep in mind that icy conditions can persist even when it is above freezing, and tree limbs are prone to falling this time of year. I observed both of these conditions first hand on Friday – though I did have the towpath all to myself!
The following updates are from the National Park Service. The Weverton access change is a concern for many of us, and I don’t know if there will be any kind of work-around. I will update you if I hear anything on that.
Thanks for all you do!
- Great Falls Tavern is hosting a pop up exhibit during the month of February called “What Would You Do To Be Free?” focusing on the stories of runaway slaves on the Canal
- Feb 17 – VIP Speaker Series: Great Backyard Bird Count (9:00-11:00)
- Feb 18 – Annual George Washington Ball with music and dancing (1:00-4:00)
- Feb 25 – Presentation on the African-American CCC at the C&O Canal (12:00-1:00)
- March 10 – VIP Speaker Series: Aqueducts of the C&O Canal (2:00-3:00)
- March 18 – Irish Laborers on the C&O Canal (1:00-2:00)
- March 24 – VIP Speaker Series: Grand Old Ditch (2:00-3:00)
- March 25 – Women’s Life and Work on the C&O Canal (1:00-3:00)
- March 31 – Northern Virginia Mountain Dulcimers (12:30-3:00)